The Windows Phone GDR2 update (8.0.1032x.77) is now available for Windows Phone 8 devices in Singapore.
This update brings the following improvements:-
- Xbox Music. Easier to select, download, and pin music. More accurate metadata and other performance improvements.
- FM radio. Possible to listen to FM radio from the Music+Videos hub.
- Data Sense. Possible to set a limit based on the data plan
- Skype. Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) apps like Lync and Skype features improved stability and performance.
- Internet Explorer. Better browsing experience with improved HTML 5 compatibility.
- Camera. Set favorite Lens so it opens automatically when pressing the camera button.
- Other improvements. Includes many other improvements to Windows Phone.
For Nokia Lumia devices, an additional update is bundled with the GDR2 update, titled the Nokia Amber Update (3047.0000.132x.xxxx). This update brings several improvements and features on top of the GDR2 update, including the enhancement of the phone’s camera, the glance screen, flip to silence, new wallpapers, ability to adjust the device’s color profile, call+sms filtering, and support for apps such as Nokia Smart Cam, Pro Cam, Video Upload, and more.
You can check for updates by going to “Phone Update” under Settings and pressing “Check for updates”. Alternatively, your phone will tell you if an update is available if it is set to automatically check for updates.
Once the Amber Update is complete, Nokia Lumia devices can download new apps and update existing system apps to gain more functionality. This can be done from the Store or via the QR Codes below (QR Codes courtesy of All About Windows Phone).
It is worth noting that StarHub was the first to roll out the update. Kudos!
For more information/reading, see:-
Note: If you do not see the update on your device, note that this update is a phased roll-out and should then be available to you shortly.