The best of all worlds
The Nokia XL smartphone is primarily aimed at consumers in growth economies, to connect the ‘next billion’ to the mobile Internet and cloud services. It offers a unique combination of affordability, beautiful design, a world of AndroidTM apps, plus signature Nokia experiences and popular Microsoft services.
Crafted without compromise
The Nokia XL is beautifully crafted, with a durable monobody design and exchangeable back covers available in 6 bold, vibrant colours, including the ever-fabulous orange! No design detail has been overlooked. The Nokia XL boasts a 5” display with a 2MP front-facing camera – ideal for Skype video calls and selfies – not to mention, a 5MP rear-facing, autofocus camera with flash that will ensure you never miss a wonderful moment around you. Remove the back cover and you will see an all-black interior, with three slots: two for SIM cards and one for a microSD card. The Nokia XL’s fast and fluid user interface includes the unique Fastlane feature – a second screen that acts as a shortcut to all your recent activity and future appointments.
The apps you know, in a phone you’ll love
Out of the box, people can enjoy BBM, Facebook, HERE Maps, Nokia MixRadio, Microsoft OneDrive, Skype, Twitter, WeChat and much more. There are three ways to get more apps: via the Nokia Store, third party app stores or by sideloading apps using a memory card or USB connection.
Plenty of FREE* goodies
The Nokia XL offers tremendous value for money, right out of the box. You can enjoy free, pre-loaded HERE Maps – available both online and offline – which also features turn-by-turn, voice guided navigation. You can tune into Nokia MixRadio for free music streaming and downloadable playlists. Plus, with up to 10GB free cloud storage via Microsoft OneDrive, your cherished content is safe and secure. *Data charges may apply.
Ready, steady, GO!
Set up and personalisation
- Personalise your home screen by arranging the tiles. “Long press” and drag them into position.
- Resize a tile by long pressing, then clicking the directional arrow. Change an app tile’s tile colour with the
- Long press any tile to bring up the folders and widgets option, to group related apps or pin widgets to the
- Customise the lock screen by enabling/disabling banner notifications, including a preview of its contents.
- Transfer contacts from another Bluetooth-enabled device using the Contacts Transfer app.
- Select the ‘@’ icon to set up personal email accounts in just a few steps. You can specify how often your
inbox is refreshed and whether attachments are downloaded automatically.
- Tapping the ‘<’ (back) button will take you back one step; a long press will bring you to home or Fastlane.
Get apps, apps and more apps!
- Nokia Store* is the place to get quality-tested and trusted apps.
- Nokia Store makes discovering apps and app updates easy. Using the toolbar…
- Search for apps by name
- See how many updates are available
- Use the main menu to browse 33 app categories
- Nokia XL also works with third party app stores like 1Mobile, Aptoide, Mobango, SlideME and Yandex.
- Sideloading is also possible: use the pre-installed ASTRO file manager to install apps from a memory card.
- When not using Nokia Store, make sure you’re set up to install files from unknown sources, which can be done under settings.
*Nokia cannot guarantee the quality or authenticity of apps other than those found in our own Nokia Store.
- Fastlane is where you’ll find recently used applications, giving you a faster way to switch between favourite apps.
- While in Fastlane, long press to enter editing mode. From here, you can remove one or more Fastlane items, or go to settings where you can pre-select what you see (or not) on Fastlane.
- It’s great for picking up right where you left off, like resuming a draft text message, or if you missed a call: you can contact the caller from within Fastlane through SMS, email or a chat app.
- It even allows you to set your default social network, so you can go there directly from within Fastlane, by tapping the ‘squares and arrow’ icon.
- You can also control music from Fastlane.
Signature Nokia experiences
- HERE Maps offers access to maps from 190 countries and turn-by-turn navigation for one country of your choice.
- Use HERE Maps in offline mode: simply download* the required map to your Nokia XL device, so you can access it anytime.
- If your country supports Nokia MixRadio, you can instantly access millions of tunes, dozens of mixes and create your own mixes.
- Once you’ve listened to a few tracks, giving them the thumbs up or down, MixRadio will build up a profile of your tastes and deliver your own personalised music selection through Play Me.
Popular Microsoft services
- With OneDrive you get up to 10GB of free cloud storage. You get 7GB to start and automatically get 3GB more when you opt to auto-save images from your camera roll.
- Sync Outlook.com Mail, Calendar and Contacts with your device. Sync multiple Outlook.com accounts and get emails right away with push notifications.
- Get talking with Skype! Simply sign in, select a contact, and press on the “video” icon for a great, two-way video calling experience.
Tips for cost saving
- Download content (for example, maps and music) over WiFi to avoid incurring data charges.
- Use the Data Counter to set a maximum data usage limit and warning when you are approaching the limit.
- Under Settings -> Dual SIM, set your inactive SIM to ‘offline’ if you only wish to use it under certain circumstances.
About the Nokia X Family
Nokia X is a new family of affordable smartphones that run Android apps. They feature beautiful design, access to a world of Android apps, uniquely Nokia experiences and the most popular Microsoft services. The Nokia XL smartphone is the third offering in the family, bringing mobile internet and cloud services to millions more people. The Nokia XL is on sale now in several markets around the globe.
|Nokia XL technical specifications|
|System||EGSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 WCDMA 900 / 2100|
|Operating System||Nokia X Software Platform|
|Dimensions||141.3 x 77.7 x 10.8mm|
|Camera||Rear: 5MP Autofocus, flash Front: 2MP|
|Display||LCD WVGA (800 x 480 pixels) capacitive touch 5” display|
|Processor||1GHZ Qualcomm Snapdragon dual core processor|
|Memory||768MB RAM & 4GB eMMC|
|Talk Time||2G = Up to 16 hours3G = Up to 13 hours|
|Standby Time||2G = Up to 41 days3G = Up to 26 days|
|Storage||Up to 32GB MicroSD card support|
|Additional features||Satellite GPS Dual SIM|