New Lumia 530 Brings Uncompromised Smartphone Performance at SGD159
Most Affordable Lumia Available on 23 August 2014
Singapore – August 20, 2014 – Microsoft Devices Group today announced the Lumia 530, the most affordable Lumia to date, delivering an uncompromised smartphone experience with the latest Microsoft and Lumia innovations. It is available in Singapore for an estimated retail price of SGD159 from 23 August 2014, Saturday.
Available in Dual SIM 3G variant, Lumia 530 will expand the reach of Windows Phone as the first Lumia introduced below 200 Singapore Dollars, allowing more people to enjoy innovations and Microsoft services found in high-end Lumia smartphones. This includes:
- The latest version of Windows Phone 8.1 including one swipe notifications from Action Center, and the fast Word Flow keyboard;
- A powerful quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor that delivers a fast user experience of favourite apps, gaming and internet browsing on the 4-inch LCD display;
- Seamless integration with Microsoft services such as Skype and Microsoft Office, available right out of the box;
- Popular social apps such as Instagram, WhatsApp, Viber and WeChat, plus key gaming apps such as Asphalt 8, available in the Windows Phone Store;
- The Dual SIM 3G variant for easy switching between two SIM cards, helping people manage their data costs;
- Smooth performance with signature Lumia apps such as pre-loaded HERE Maps – accessible both online and offline – which also features turn-by-turn voice guided navigation and also get the latest apps like FitBit, Uber, BBM, Live Lock Screen BETA and local apps like GrabTaxi, SGtransport, PSI index;
- Stay fit with the Bing Health & Fitness app and track your progress on calorie intake and workout trends as well as your basic health parameters whilst choosing from hundreds of workouts and exercises with step-by-step instructions, look up calorie contents and read up on health information too; and
- More content and apps with 4GB of on-board memory, expandable with SD cards up to 128GB, and an additional 15GB of free cloud storage on Microsoft OneDrive that lets people sync, store, access and share files between Lumia 530 and computers, laptops and tablets.
“We are moving quickly to help more people experience the uncompromised Lumia technologies, third party apps, and Microsoft services that we deliver on our flagship products,” said Bruce Howe, General Manager, Microsoft Mobile Devices Sales for Singapore, Malaysia and Brunei. “Lumia 530 underscores our commitment to making affordable smartphones for everyone, and introducing more people to the best of Microsoft. The very affordable SGD159 price makes the Lumia 530 excellent for students, first time smartphone users, or anyone who wishes to experience the world of Microsoft cloud solutions on Windows Phone 8.1.”
The Lumia 530 will be available in Singapore on 23 August 2014, Saturday, at an estimated retail price of SGD159 at Nokia Stores and Nokia Solution Partners. M1 will also be retailing the device with attractive data plans.
Tech specs summary:
|Operating System||Windows Phone 8.1 with Lumia Cyan|
|Display||4.0” FWVGA LCD display|
|Battery||Up to 22 days standby, 13 hours 2G talk time. Battery capacity: 1430mAh|
|Connectivity||HSPA+ 21Mbps/5.76Mbps, Wi-Fi (b/g/n), BT 4.0, micro-USB|
|Processor||1.2GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 200|
|Memory||512MB RAM, 4GB eMMC with up to 128GB micro SD card support|